Chase has a new kind of bonus for checking and savings accounts. We have seen cash bonuses and Ultimate Reward bonuses in the past, but now you can also earn Southwest Rapid Rewards points. This is a targeted offer that was posted by Doctor of Credit and has been sent by email and it requires a unique code in order to apply.
Here’s what you need to do in order to earn the bonus:
- Open a new Chase Total checking account and get 30,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points after you set up direct deposit within 60 days.
- Open a new Chase savings account and get 20,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points after you deposit a total of $15,000+ in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $15,000 balance for 90 days.
- “Remember, every Rapid Rewards® point you earn with this offer will count towards Companion Pass”
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers. Both offers are not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Customers must be a Southwest Rapid Rewards Cardmember prior to enrolling in this offer.
- To qualify for this bonus offer, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Cardmember personal account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- Credit card product changes during the promotional period or prior to the fulfillment of the bonus will forfeit this bonus offer.
- This offer is not transferable, and is subject to change.
- Checking offer: Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- Savings offer: The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates.
- After you have completed all of the requirements, points will be posted to the primary cardmember’s account up to 8 weeks after the eligibility criteria have been met.
- You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account.
- The Southwest Rapid Rewards points transferred to you under the terms of the Program are considered interest so you will receive a Form 1099-INT
Chase already offers a $600 bonus and a 60K UR bonus. This targeted offer gets you 50,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points instead. While the cash bonus might be more preferable, what makes this Southwest offer interesting is that you get almost halfway to a Companion Pass.
Let me know if you received this offer.