American Express is targeting some business cardmembers with an offer to upgrade to an Amex Business Platinum Card. You can get 50,000 Membership Rewards points.
- Get 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 in purchases on the Business Platinum Card in the first 5 months from the date your account is upgraded.
Here’s some links to try:
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com
- 1X points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases.‡ Terms and limitations apply
- 1.5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible purchases of $5,000 or more, up to 1 million additional points per year
- 35% points back after use of the Pay with Points feature for all or part of an eligible flight, up to 500,000 points back per calendar year
- Access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across 120 countries
- Up to a $200 Credit a year for baggage fees and more on one airline
- 10 Gogo inflight internet passes annually and unlimited Wi-Fi at Boingo hotspots.
- Receive a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre® ($85) with an eligible Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Hilton Honors Gold status
- One year of complimentary Platinum Global Access from WeWork, a network of premium workspaces around the world. With Platinum Global Access, enjoy over 300 workspaces in 75+ cities and 20+ countries, valued at $2,700. You’ll receive more information in February 2019 about the offer and how to enroll.
- Up to $200 in statement credits annually for U.S. purchases with Dell on your Business Platinum Card. You’ll receive more information about how to enroll in the new Shop Dell with Business Platinum benefit in February 2019.
- $100 hotel credit on qualifying charges at hundreds of properties in The Hotel Collection (increased from $75) for new reservations made after January 1, 2019 when you book through Amex Travel.
- $595 annual fee
When you upgrade, your card anniversary date doesn’t change. You will be charged a prorated annual membership fee for your new Card based on the time remaining until your next account anniversary date.
This is a good opportunity although we have seen a 75,000 Amex Business Platinum Card upgrade offer is the past. There’s no hard pull when upgrading. You can receive the upgrade bonus even if you’ve had the card previously. You could also possibly still be eligible for future offers on the card, even after the upgrade (assuming you never had the card before).
Let me know if you’re targeted or if you see any different offers.