Barclays has an increased bonus of 60,000 miles for the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard.
- Earn 60,000 miles after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- $99 annual fee is waived the first year
- Receive a one-time 50% OFF COMPANION DISCOUNT for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America
- Earn 2X miles on eligible purchases made directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 1X miles on all other purchases
- Enjoy a COMPLIMENTARY CHECKED BAG for the primary cardmember when you use your card to purchase tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Discounted award travel
- Get $100 companion discount each account anniversary upon payment of annual fee
- You’ll earn 5,000 bonus miles every anniversary year you make $10,000 or more in purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
Using Hawaiian Miles
The value of Hawaiian varies, but you can get great value on award travel to Hawaii. It costs 40,000 Hawaiian miles for a round trip in economy class between the continental US and Hawaii, and if you have this card it costs only 35,000. That’s a value of almost 3 cents a mile. But the issue with that valuation is availability which is pretty scarce.
Another good use of Hawaiian miles is for inter-island award flights in Hawaii. They cost just 7,500 miles one-way.
You can also transfer Hawaiian miles to Hilton starting at 10,000 miles, in 10,000 increments at a rate of 1 Hawaiian mile = 1.5 Hilton Honors points.
The value of this bonus will mainly depend how valuable Hawaiian miles are for you. These are not the most flexible miles but you could net you two free round trip to Hawaii. We have seen bonuses as high at 75,000 in the past, but annual fee wasn’t waived and the spending requirement was $6,000 total.