Update – This didn’t last long. I guess they bumped the bonus to $500 by mistake. Hopefully some of you jumped on the offer while it lasted. Looks like the terms of the offer still said $150, so you will need to call in and ask them to honor the offer you saw. Hopefully you took screenshots of the application, or just use the image below for reference.
Capital One released a new credit card, called the SavorOne Card last year. The card comes with no annual fee and earns you 3% back on dining. But the best new feature is the signup bonus which went from $150 to $500.
I would suggest taking a screenshot of the offer, or just save the one below, because it still says $150 in the some of the terms. They either haven’t fixed it yet, or they just messed up and added the $500 bonus to the wrong card.
Related: Capital One Savor Card Review
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
- 0% intro APR for 15 months; 16.24% – 26.24% variable APR after that.
No annual Fee.
- 3% cashback on dining and entertainment
- 2% cashback on groceries
- 1% cashback on all other purchases
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Price Protection – Find a lower price within 120 days and you could be reimbursed for the price difference.
- Additional warranty protection at no charge on eligible items that are purchased with your credit card.
Applying for the Card
The biggest issue with Capital One credit cards is that they do a hard pull on all three credit bureaus. You could freeze Experian or Transunion and they will still approve you with only two pulls.
Here’s some other restrictions that apply to Capital One cards:
- You’re limited to two personal Capital One branded cards.
- You’re limited to one new Capital One credit card every 6 months
This is not a very exciting card for most readers when looking at the benefits, although it is decent for a no fee card. But now that the bonus has jumped from $150 to $500, it’s definitely worth a look. That’s rare for a no fee card. The Capital One Savor card also has a $500 offer.