The Capital One Savor card from was upgraded last year and now earns 4% back on dining and entertainment. It also offered a $500 bonus with those changes. Then it was lowered to $300. But the Capital One Savor Card bonus of $500 is here again, so if you missed the chance last time, you have another opportunity.
Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
Annual Fee: $0 intro for the first year, $95 after that
- 4% cashback on dining and entertainment
- 2% cashback on groceries
- 1% cashback on all other purchases
- Free Postmates Unlimited
- 8% cashback on all Vivid Seats purchases
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Price Protection – Find a lower price within 120 days and you could be reimbursed for the price difference.
- Additional warranty protection at no charge on eligible items that are purchased with your credit card.
Applying for the CardLearn How to Apply
The biggest issue with Capital One credit cards is that they do a hard pull on all three credit bureaus. You could freeze Experian or Transunion and they will still approve you with only two pulls.
Here’s some other restrictions that apply to Capital One cards:
- You’re limited to two personal Capital One branded cards.
- You’re limited to one new Capital One credit card every 6 months
With the upgrades this card becomes interesting for those who dine out and want cashback instead of miles and points. You get unlimited 4% cashback on all dining and entertainment purchases. The dining part is only matched by the Barclays Uber Card. You can still do better than 4% cash back through the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, which earns 3X Ultimate Rewards, but that card comes a hefty annual fee and not everyone can get it.
The increased Capital One Savor Card bonus is a good one at $500 with a spending requirement of $3,000 in three months. However, if you’re just going for the bonus, then check out the no fee SavorOne card that also has a $500 bonus first.
Is it worth it? Let me know.
Related: Best Credit Cards For Restaurants