Venmo is offering a new type of signup bonus for its debit card. The card was first released in June of 2018 and we’ve seen a bonus of $10 with three purchases in the past. This new offer gets you 5% on grocery purchases, up to $20 total.
Earn 5% cash back on eligible grocery store or supermarket purchases made with your Venmo card. Your grocery buys must be made within 30 days of your first Venmo card purchase, or by 6/30/19 (whichever comes first). We’ll drop the cash in your Venmo balance around 7/15/19.
Terms say that you must receive the offer in app, but I believe it’s showing up for everyone.
- Open only to residents of any one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who: (1) are eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Must receive an authorized in-app notification, e-mail and/or push notification inviting participation in the offer
- Eligible Purchases do not include: (1) purchases that are marked as “pending” in your Card account as of the end of the Offer Period, (2) ATM transactions, or (3) in-store cash withdrawals/cash back.
- Offer period starts at the time of the first authorized Venmo card purchase (regardless of MCC assigned to merchant where purchase was made) and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on the earlier of: (1) thirty (30) calendar days after the date of the Qualifying Transaction
- Eligible Participants will earn 5% cash back on Eligible Purchases; the maximum cash back amount is $20.00 USD. Eligible Participants must earn at least $0.50 USD minimum in cash back to receive Reward.
A decent offer, especially for those who do not have a card that earn at least 5% on groceries or have already maximized it. If you were thinking of getting the debit card, better off doing it while there’s some kind of bonus going on.