Groupon has an offer to visit China for as little as $549 per person. That price is based in double occupancy but includes airfare and hotel. You must buy one voucher per person. The price varies for different departure cities, and travel dates. You will tour five iconic cities in China in just 10 days. Start the trip with a walk on the Great Wall in Beijing and end it with sightseeing in the country’s largest city Shanghai. Here’s what the trip looks like:
- Day 1: Depart for China.
- 2: Arrive in Beijing.
- 3: Day at leisure in Beijing.
- 4: Hike along The Great Wall of China.
- 5: Arrive in Suzhou and visit Shan Tang Street.
- 6: Visit the Lingering Garden and Silk Spinning Factory, then drive to Wuxi.
- 7: Arrive in Hangzhou and take a boat ride on the West Lake.
- 8: Drive to Shanghai, where you’ll peruse the Bund.
- 9: Day at leisure in Shanghai.
- 10: Depart for USA.
After purchasing this deal, follow the instructions on your voucher to book your trip with InterTrips no later than 5/30/19. Be sure to book early online for best availability.
Airfare and Transportation
- Round-trip airfare from
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- New York City (specific gateway based on availability)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Boston (BOS)
- Washington, DC (IAD)
- Houston (IAH)
- Denver (DEN)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Transportation between cities via air or sightseeing bus
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Airport transfers
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact InterTrips at (888) 410-4111.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
- 3 nights of accommodations at Novotel Beijing Sanyuan or similar in Beijing
- 1 night of accommodations at Pan Pacific Suzhou or similar in Suzhou
- 1 night of accommodations at Grand Park Hotel Wuxi or similar in Wuxi
- 1 night of accommodations at Hangzhou Grand Metropark Hotel or similar in Hangzhou
- 2 nights of accommodations at Holiday Inn Shanghai Hongqiao or similar in Shanghai
Attractions & Meals
These are included:
- Daily breakfast and 4 lunches
- Tours per itinerary
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- 3rd Day: Peking Duck Dinner Banquet with Wine ($35/person)
- 3rd Day: Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City with Lunch ($65/person)
- 4th Day: The Golden Mask Dynasty Show ($49/person)
- 5th Day: Temple of Heaven and Rickshaw Tour with Lunch ($79/person)
- 6th Day: Boat ride on the Grand Canal with a walk around the local community ($29/person)
- 8th Day: Shanghai Lujiazui FTDZ & Huang Pu River Cruise ($45/person)
- 8th Day: Shanghai full-day tour with Maglev Train Experience ($49/person)
- 9th Day: “ERA” – The Permanent Show ($49/person)
Extra Fees and Requirements
- Additional taxes & fees:
- $350 fee to travel solo.
- $100 service fee for tour guides and driver not included.
- China visa fee is not included: $169 for single entry visa per person (at least 2 people travel together).
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Passports must be valid for at least six months after the date of travel, and contain at least two blank visa pages
Looks like a good price as long as there’s no extra expenses that are not listed in the offer. Prices start at just $549 per person, when booking for two people. If traveling solo, you will pay an extra $350 fee. You get a guided tour of 5 great cities in China, and the itinerary is ready for you. If you’re not big on doing everything yourself, could be worth a look. But from a couple of comments here and on Twitter, looks like these trips are heavily guided towards shopping, and not really sightseeing, although some destination are listed as part of the activities. Make sure you do some research about InterTrips, the company who will handle the actual booking.
Let me know if you have booked similar deals in the past and how they have worked out.