If you’re looking for Etihad miles, then you can currently buy them with a 20% bonus. The promotion runs until 31 May 2019.
Buy Etihad Guest miles and get up to a 20% bonus. To get he maximum bonus, you need to buy at least 41,000 miles. That would give you a cost of 1.67 cents/mile.
- Buy 6,000 – 20,000 miles = 10% Bonus
- Buy 21,000 – 40,000 miles = 15% Bonus
- Buy 41,000 – 60,000 miles = 20% Bonus
Hurry, offer ends 31 May 2019.
- Miles may be purchased for $0.02 USD per mile.
- A maximum of 100,000 miles can be purchased within a single calendar year, with a maximum of 60,000 miles per transaction.
- Purchased miles are not refundable and are applicable towards all Etihad Guest awards.
- Miles purchased using this option will post within 24 hours.
Should You Buy Etihad Guest Miles?
I’m not a fan of buying miles and points. You will never be able to buy miles at a price that’s better than the average valuation. If you need a big chunk of points, then signup bonuses are probably the best route, or you can check out ways to earn miles without credit cards. But buying miles could make sense in some instances. In this case you need to purchase at least 41,000 miles to get the best bonus of 20%. If you need more Etihad Guest miles, you can always transfer from Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou, and Capital One Venture Miles.
Some of the sweet spots highlighted by One Mile at a Time are:
- 44,000 Etihad Guest miles for a one-way business class ticket anywhere Royal Air Maroc flies
- 25,610 Etihad Guest miles for a one-way business class ticket on Czech Airlines between Prague and Seoul Incheon
You can see their chart here.
I would suggest looking at credit cards first, or transferring miles. But even at 1.67 cents a piece, you can still get good value with Etihad Guest miles. Do not buy miles unless you have a good redemption in mind though. Use acard that earns at least 2% and try going through a cashback portal as well, such as RebatesMe.