American Express is targeting some current cardholders with an offer to earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points for upgrading to the Amex Platinum credit card. This Amex Platinum upgrade bonus is a good opportunity for those who have had the card in the past.
- Get 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the American Express Platinum Card in the first 3 months from the date your account is upgraded.
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- 200 in annual Uber savings
- $200 airline fee credit
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck: Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- Access to over 1,000+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- SPG Gold status (also give you Marriott Gold status)
- Hilton Gold status
- Unlimited Boingo internet access
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $550 annual fee
This Amex Platinum upgrade bonus is showing as a pop-up when you log in online. A good opportunity to earn a bonus once again if you’ve had the Amex Platinum card in the past. Just make sure to keep the Platinum card for a year, as downgrading or closing the card before the year is up has resulted in bonus clawback or even financial reviews. If you’ve never had the card then it’s best to wait for a 100K bonus that we see sometimes. Currently the public offer is only 60K.