Check your cards for a targeted Amex Offer that can save you $5 when you spend $25 or more at Target, BJ’s, Sam’s Club, Walmart and Boxed.com.
Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $25+ in one or more transactions in-store or online at select superstores and warehouse clubs (Target, BJ’s, Sam’s Club, Walmart and Boxed.com) by 6/15/2019.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer valid on eligible purchases made directly with Target, BJ’s, Sam’s Club, Walmart and Boxed.com (online only) at their US locations, US websites and US mobile apps.
- Exclusions apply, including third-party brands sold in-store or online for all merchants.
- For Sam’s Club, the additional exclusions are for online and in-store purchases for Fuel and Accessory and Travel & Services.
- For Walmart, the additional exclusions are for online and in-store purchases for stationary, layaway, contact lens, photo services, recurring subscription services (for example, Beauty Box and Baby Box), insurance services, in-store pharmacy transactions, auto services, protection plans, Walmart MoneyCenter, and Walmart Care Clinic.
- For Boxed.com, the additional exclusions are for online purchases for Boxed for Business, Boxed Hotel bookings, Boxed Up annual fees, Boxed.com membership fees, and alcohol.
- For BJs, the additional exclusions are for online and in-store purchases for Travel + Services (which includes BJ’s Auto Buying, BJ’s Home Improvement, BJ’s Home & Auto Insurance, BJ’s Travel, BJ’s Business Solutions, and BJ’s Tech Advisors), BJ’s check printing, BJ’s Gas, BJ’s Charitable Foundation donations, BJ’s B2B Sales, and BJ’s membership fees.
What Are Amex Offers?
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online and you will usually get a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant. You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online or in the app, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. You can however use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues. Some specific offers can also be added to multiple cards, so keep that in mind when adding offers.
For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards. That same site could also let you use this trick to add offers to any card.
I’m sure almost anyone can make use of it. Only $5 in savings but still worth adding to your cards.