The Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card has a new offer that will get you a total of 60,000 miles. That’s a good bonus, but it also comes with a large spending requirement.
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer 65K Bonus
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Plus, an additional 20,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $8,000 total on purchases in the first 6 months from account opening.
$95 annual fee is waived the first year.
- Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases
- Earn two miles for each $1 spent on tickets purchased from United
- Earn one mile for each $1 spent on all other purchases
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Precheck Fee Credit
- 25% back on United Inflight Wi-Fi, food and drinks
- Free first checked bag
- Priority boarding
- No foreign transaction fees
- Two one-time-use United Club passes each year
A good offer, but you need to spend a total of $8K in order to get the whole 60,000 miles. You do get 6 months to complete that spending though. We saw a 65K bonus late last year for the same card.
Keep in mind that the Chase 5/24 rule does apply here, so not many people will be eligible to apply. But if you are under 5 cards in the last 24 months, then it could be a good opportunity to earn some United MileagePlus miles.