Chase recently increased the signup bonus on the Sapphire Preferred credit card. You can get 60,000 points (instead of the previous 50K) but the annual fee is not waived. But now that same offer is available through referrals, which makes it even better.
- Referral Bonus: Get 15,000 Bonus Points for every friend you refer, up to 75,000 bonus points per year (5 referrals).
- Signup bonus: Get 60,000 Bonus Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- We may provide you with future opportunities to earn bonus points by referring your friends to Chase Sapphire Preferred. You may earn bonus points up to the stated maximum for each offer, however, please note that if you take advantage of multiple opportunities within one calendar year that the maximum number of bonus points that can be awarded from all referral offers is 75,000 per calendar year.
- In the event the bonus points you earn from all referral offers exceeds the 75,000 per calendar year, you may be awarded a partial amount to keep your total bonus at 75,000 bonus points. For example if you have already accumulated 65,000 bonus points from refer-a-friend offers that calendar year and the maximum is 75,000 bonus points per calendar year, then the next award will be 10,000 even if the offer states 15,000.
- Your participation in this program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the program. Please consult your tax advisor if you have any questions about your personal tax situation.
- To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after each new cardmember’s approval for bonus points to post to your account. Your bonus will appear on your statement as “Refer-A-Friend bonus.”
Share Your Referrals
If you have a Chase Disney card you can share your own referral links in the comments. Just please retweet this tweet or share this Facebook post so you can give something back. Also post a link to your shared tweet/post in your comment, or in the website field so I can see that you shared it. Thank you in advance.
Previously referral bonuses were 10K points, up to 50K annually. Now you get 15K, up to 75K every year, and you’re able to refer friends to the best public bonus available. That should make the bonus 15K better, if you have a friend or family member who can refer you.