There’s a new Marriott Amex Offer that can save you 20% stays. I see it in a few cards that I checked so it should be available for everyone.
Marriott Amex Offer
Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ on room rate and room charges at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy™ portfolio from 3/25/19 to 6/3/19. Book at marriott.com.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories.
- Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy App or by calling 1-888-236-2427.
- Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, and Marriott Executive Apartments®.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Not valid for online retail purchases.
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online and you will usually get a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. You can however use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues. Some specific offers can also be added to multiple cards, so keep that in mind when adding offers.
For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards.
A good offer that will save you 20% on Marriott stays. Gift cards are excluded in the terms but it usually works when purchased at front desk. That will lock in the discount for future stays if you don’t plan to book any Marriott properties by the expiration date.