US Bank is offering a $250 bonus for new checking accounts. This offer was sent out by mail, so you need to have been targeted in order to qualify.
To receive a $250 bonus complete the following requirements:
- Open up a new Platinum Checking Package or Easy Checking account with the promotion code by April 30.
- Complete recurring direct deposits of two or more that total of $1,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
Your bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification.
- Offer is not valid if you have an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. bank checking account account in the last six months or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past twelve months
- This offer is only valid for the addressee and is not transferable
- Address on new account must match address on the mail piece to be eligible for the bonus.
- Promotion code and address may only be used once
Easy Checking has a $6.95 monthly fee that is waived:
- With monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+
- With average account balance of $1,500
- If account holder(s) age is 65 or greater.
Platinum Checking has a $24.95 monthly fee that is waived:
- If you have $25,000 in combined personal deposits, credit balances with U.S. Bank
- If you have a personal trust relationship with U.S. Bank Wealth Management
- If you are U.S. military, both former and active
No early account termination fee
A good bonus if you were targeted. Easy Checking account is obviously the best option as the fee can be easily waived every month. If you didn’t receive the offer directly, then check out this $300 bonus online, or $200 in-branch.
- Targeted Mailer
- Account Type: Easy Checking
- Availability: Targeted
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Two or more that total of $1,000 or more
- Other Requirements: No
- Monthly Fee: $6.95 (Waived with $1,500 balance)
- Closing Account Fee: No
- Expiration Date: 4/30/2019