This settlement is about the labeling of Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo and Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Bath. The plaintiff in the lawsuit asserts that the Products’ labels were false or misleading before they were changed (in November of 2012 for the Wash and Shampoo Product, and in November of 2013 for the Calming Comfort Bath Product), by claiming that the Products were a “Natural Oat Formula.” Defendant Johnson & Johnson denies all the plaintiff’s allegations and is entering into this settlement, among other reasons, to avoid burdensome and costly litigation. The settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing.
You are a member of the Settlement Class if you purchased at least one of the Products primarily for personal, family or household purposes during the following periods (“Class Periods”) applicable to one of the states listed below:
- Aveeno® Baby Calming Comfort Bath purchased in one or more of the following states, and only during the dates listed for each state: Alaska (1/25/2011 – 10/31/2013); California, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, New York, Wisconsin (1/25/2010 – 10/31/2013); Florida, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Washington (1/25/2009 – 10/31/2013); Arkansas, Missouri (1/25/2008 – 10/31/2013); Michigan, New Jersey, Vermont (1/25/2007 – 10/31/2013); and Rhode Island (1/25/2003 – 10/31/2013).
- Aveeno® Baby Wash and Shampoo purchased in one or more of the following states, and only during the dates listed for each state: Alaska (1/25/2011 – 10/31/2012); California, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, New York, Wisconsin (1/25/2010 – 10/31/2012); Florida, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Washington (1/25/2009 – 10/31/2012); Arkansas, Missouri (1/25/2008 – 10/31/2012); Michigan, New Jersey, Vermont (1/25/2007 – 10/31/2012); and Rhode Island (1/25/2003 – 10/31/2012).
Must Be Electronically Submitted by No Later Than June 17, 2019.
What Products Are Included?
- Aveeno® Baby Calming Comfort Bath
- Aveeno® Baby Wash and Shampoo
How Much Do I Get?
Class members may receive $1 for each Product purchased. Class members may receive $1 for each Product purchased. Class members may recover for up to fifteen (15) Products per household by submitting proofs of purchase along with their Claim Forms. The balance of the Settlement Fund will be paid out in full to satisfy the timely claims that are approved by the Settlement Administrator. To the extent that the approved claims, in the aggregate, either exceed or fall short of the balance of the Settlement Fund, each Approved Claim will be increased or decreased pro rata.
Do Not Submit False Claims
These settlements enable you to get something back if you were wronged by merchants, manufacturers or other entities. They sometimes reach out to you to let you know that you’re part of a settlement, but that’s not always the case. make sure to check dates and products carefully to see if you’re eligible. You can look here for more settlements that you might qualify for.
Please do not submit fraudulent claims for these settlement rebates. It takes money away from those who deserve a reimbursement, and furthermore it is illegal. You’re usually required to acknowledge something along these lines:
I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that all of the information provided on this Claim Form is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
- File claim here
- Rebate: $15 or more
- Proof of Purchase Required: No
- Settlement Pool: $2,400,000
- Filing Deadline: June 17, 2019
- Read Settlement Details Here