Wells Fargo is offering a great bonus for new checking accounts. You can get $400 and it looks like the bonus is available nationwide.
To qualify for the $400 bonus:
- Open a new Everyday Checking account online with a minimum opening deposit of $25 by July 26, 2019. All account applications are subject to approval.
- Within 150 days of your account open date, receive a cumulative monthly total of $3,000 in qualifying direct deposits to the checking account opened for this bonus offer for three consecutive months. During this time, your new account balance must be $1 or more.
- A qualifying direct deposit is the customer’s salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income electronically deposited through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network to this checking account by your employer or an outside agency.
- Non-qualifying direct deposits for purposes of this offer include transfers from one account to another (for example, transfers between your own accounts, or person-to-person transfers using a transfer service such as Zelle®), or deposits made at a branch or ATM, or through mobile deposit.
Your $400 bonus will be deposited into your new Everyday Checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met.
You cannot be:
- A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account
- A Wells Fargo team member
- A recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit one bonus per customer)
Could be available nationwide, but you can check with your zip code before starting the application.
The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account monthly service fee is $10. The monthly service fee can be avoided with any one of the following each fee period:
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits
- 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments from this checking account
- A linked Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card.
There is a $5 monthly service fee discount when the primary account owner is 17 – 24 years old.
This is probably the best public bonus we have seen from Wells Fargo. It requires a large direct deposits. You need to receive a cumulative monthly total of $3,000 in qualifying direct deposits to the checking account opened for this bonus offer for three consecutive months. Capital One 360 transfer worked for me for the direct deposit requirement back in late February 2019. Schwab also works.
The account also comes with a $10 monthly fee that can be waived with a $1,500 minimum daily balance or 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments. This bonus might not be around till the expiration date, so jump on it right away if it makes sense for you.
- Apply Here
- Bonus: $400
- Account Type: Everyday Checking
- Availability: Possibly nationwide
- Expiration Date: 7/26/2019
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $3K per month, for three consecutive months
- Other Requirements: None
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $50
- Monthly Fee: $10 but can be waived
- Closing Account Fee: None