American Express is sending out targeted offers with a bonus of 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to upgrade to the new Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant credit card.
Earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after you upgrade from your current Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card to the new Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card and spend $5,000 on the new Card within the first 3 months. Offer end 04/24/2019.
Annual fee is $450.
- 6X Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 3X Marriott Bonvoy points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines.
- 2X Marriott Bonvoy points on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world with complimentary Priority Pass Select
- 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your Card.
- Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
The Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card also has a 100K bonus through referrals for those who do not have an Amex Marriott card. But if you do, then the upgrade offer could be the best option.
If you were targeted, it could be a nice bonus without a hard pull. You can even get this bonus if you have the card. After 12 months (to be safe), you can downgrade again. It’s aso possible to get the same upgrade offer in the future.