Amtrak has a promotion for Valentine’s Day. For a limited time, get a free companion fare: buy one, get one free, from February 14 – 18 and valid for travel March 25 – July 29, 2019.
- Free companion fare with the purchase of one full-price adult fare
- Available on most Amtrak routes for both coach and Acela business class tickets
- Prime travel period during spring and summer
- No blackouts
- Valid for (1) one free companion rail fare with the purchase of (1) one regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Valid for sale between February 14 – 18, 2019
- Valid for travel between March 25 – July 29, 2019
- One child age 2-12 may accompany each adult at half the regular full adult rail fare.
- Seating is limited, seats may not be available on all days.
- Valid for travel on all reserved service, no upgrades permitted.
- Not valid on unreserved service which includes the Capitol Corridor, Hiawatha, Pacific Surfliner, Unreserved sections of the Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service and 7000-8999 Thruways.
- The companion and full fare paying passenger must travel together on the same itinerary and have tickets issued together.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- A 25 percent cancellation fee may apply.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Other restrictions may apply.
A good promotion from Amtrak but you need to book in the next few days.