Columbia Bank in New Jersey is offering a $250 bonus for new checking accounts. The bonus comes in two parts and requires a direct deposit and 10 debit purchase. You can also choose a 24 month streaming subscription instead of the bonus.
To earn the opening cash bonus you need to open a new Advantage Plus or Yield Plus Checking Account account. You need to fulfill the following requirements:
- You will receive a one-time $200 cash credit with qualifying direct deposit transactions that total at least $1,000 posted to your Account within 60 days of account opening
- You will receive a one-time $50 cash credit after 10 qualifying debit card purchases have been made with your Advantage Plus Columbia Bank debit card within 60 days
Offer may be withdrawn or modified at any time. The value of the bonus will be reported as interest to the IRS and a 1099-INT will be issued to you.
Offer available to those who live or work in NJ (maybe others as well if you go into a branch).
If you have received a cash and/or subscription bonus associated with a Yield Plus and/or Advantage Plus checking account within the 365 days preceding the opening of this new checking account, you are not eligible for either of these cash/subscription bonuses.
Yield Plus Checking Account is the best option. The account has no monthly fees.
I don’t see any early closing fees.
An pretty good bonus, but they had an even better one last year. You get $200 for a $1K direct deposit and another $50 for 10 debit purchases. The second part of the bonus was $100 earlier in the year, but has been cut in half now. The account has no fees either. A good opportunity for some easy cash if you live or work in NJ.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses.
- Promo Page
- Bonus: $250
- Account Type: Yield Plus Checking Account
- Availability: NJ
- Expiration Date: None
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $1K
- Other Requirements: 10 debit purchases
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Monthly Fee: No
- Closing Account Fee: No