Southwest is offering status match for those with Elite Status at other airlines. You can get free A-list status for 90 days and you have the option to extend it for one more year by completing three round-trip flights. A-list status can make your Southwest flights much more enjoyable. It could be a great addition for those who might have just received their Companion Pass either last year or waiting to get it through the current credit card offers.
Southwest Status Match
This offer will get you A-list status for 90 days if you submit proof of elite status with another airline. You can then extend your A-list status for an additional 12 months by flying 3 round-trip revenue tickets or 6 one-ways within the 90 day period.
To register for the Southwest status match, you must be a Rapid Rewards member. If you’re not already a Member, join Rapid Rewards first. Then, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- First name
- Last name
- Rapid Rewards number
- Screenshot of current elite status with a U.S. based carrier, other than Southwest Airlines
- To be eligible to receive complimentary promotional A-List status, the Member must (a) be an elite status member on another domestic airline; (b) submit proof of his or her other current airline elite card or statement, name, and Rapid Rewards® account number and all of the foregoing must be verified by Southwest Airlines®.
- Qualification and promotional A-List status confirmation must be completed prior to booking of travel to receive A-List benefits.
- Promotional A-List status confirmation typically takes place within 12 business days of registration and verification process.
- Current A-List Members whose status is expiring are not eligible for the promotion.
- This complimentary promotional A-List promotion is available to you if you have not received promotional A-List status in any other promotion in the last 12 months.
- To extend promotional A-List status for 12 months, after qualifying for this A-List status match promotion, Member must book and complete three qualifying round trip flights (or six one-way qualifying flights) from your qualifying flights booked and flown between Member’s enrollment date for this promotion and the end of Member’s 90-day promotional period.
- Valid on new reservations booked within the promotional time period only.
With A-list status you get the following benefits on Southwest flights:
- Priority Boarding
- 25% Earning Bonus
- Free same day standby
- Priority check-in and security lane access
Flying Southwest is different from other airlines and it’s not the most enjoyable experience. But with A-list status it gets much better. If you plan on using Southwest in the near future and you already have status with other airlines, then this is a no-brainer at least for the first 90 days since you get a free match.