Today, American Express announced changes to its current Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Co-Brand Credit Card portfolio, in line with the new Marriott Bonvoy™ Loyalty Program announced last week. On February 13, 2019, the current Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Cards will be rebranded as Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Cards. In addition, the Card portfolio will offer additional valuable benefits, rich points offers, and new Card designs.
New Card Names
- The Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card will now be called the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card.
- The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express will now be called the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card.
- The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express will now be called the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card.
New Card Benefits
In addition to the current benefits, more benefits will be rolled out this year to further reward and enhance Card Members’ travel experiences:
- Elite Night Credits: As of January 1, 2019, all Cards within the Marriott Bonvoy American Express cobrand Card portfolio will offer Card Members 15 Elite Night credits per year to help reach the next level of Marriott Bonvoy status even faster.
- Limit one 15 Elite Night Credit per Marriott Bonvoy member account; benefit is not exclusive to Cards offered by American Express
- $100 Property Credit: Starting March 28, 2019, Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card Members can get up to $100 in property credits per stay when they use their Card and a special rate code to book 2+ night stays at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis®.
- Additional Free Night Award: Starting March 28, 2019, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card Members can get an additional free night award (valued at up to 35,000 points) when they spend $60,000 or more annually on the Card. With the new enhancements to the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, the Card’s annual fee will increase from $95 to $125 starting on March 28, 2019.
In celebration of the refreshed Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card portfolio, we will be introducing rich offers for both new and existing Card Members.
- 100K welcome offers for Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant and Marriott Bonvoy Business Cards
- Starting February 13, 2019 through April 24, 2019, eligible new Card Members who sign up for the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card or Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card can receive 100,000 points after they spend $5,000 in the first three months of Card Membership.
- Points offer for existing Marriott Bonvoy Card Members
- Starting on February 24, 2019, eligible existing Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card Members can register to earn 25,000 points for every $25,000 in eligible purchases on the Card, up to four times for a maximum of 100,000 bonus points, based on the total amount of purchases starting from when the Card Member registers through the end of the year. Eligible Card Members will soon receive more information about this offer and how to register their Card.
New Card Design
The card will also get a new design along with the new name and benefits. I’ll let you judge the designs yourself.
- Beginning in March 2019,
- The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card will come in a sleek dark charcoal stainless-steel design.
- The Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card will now come in a sophisticated blue-gray design.
- Starting May 2019, the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card will come in an artist-designed Card
- To further celebrate the new loyalty program, we commissioned Manhattan-based mural and studio artist, Tony “Rubin” Sjöman to design the new Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card.
- Inspired by travel and exploration, Rubin used the new Marriott Bonvoy colors and modern shapes to bring to life the sunrise and sunset reflecting off of the buildings in an urban cityscape.