World of Hyatt is running a promotion that will get you a 30% bonus when purchasing points. Purchasing hotel and airline points is usually a bad idea, but when there’s a promotion, it can get less bad as far as value goes. There’s some instances when it makes sense, such as getting some more points if you need to redeem right away and you don’t have enough.
To take advantage of this 30% bonus, you need to purchase 3,000 or more Hyatt points by February 22. The regular price for purchasing Hyatt points is 2.4 cent each, and this promotion will get you a price of 1.8 cents per point. Better, but not great.
- Offer available with purchases made between 12:01 am ET January 22, 2019 and ends 11:59 pm February 22, 2019.Purchase 3,000 or more Bonus Points in a single transaction and receive 30% additional Bonus Points.
- Bonus Points will be awarded upon completion of individual transactions.
- Bonus Points can be purchased in increments of 1,000, up to 55,000 points per calendar year.
- Members can receive points in increments of 1,000, up to 55,000 points per calendar year.
- Additional Bonus Points awarded under this offer do not count towards these maximums.
Should You Buy Hyatt Points?
I’m not a fan of buying points. You will never be able to buy points at a price that’s better than the average valuation. If you need a big chunk of points, then signup bonuses are probably the best idea. But buying points could make sense in some instances. If you just need a few thousand points towards a redemption you could transfer Ultimate Rewards points or go the buying route.
There’s also properties where you can get a value of over 1.8 cent each for your Hilton Honors points. While you can get good valuation you would also have to consider if you would be willing to pay those prices in cash.
Purchasing Hyatt points at 1.8 cent each is not really the best deal. I would value them just slightly less. I would suggest looking at credit cards first. If you do plan to buy Hyatt with this promotion, try going through a portal as well to earn some cashback and use a card that earn at least 2%.