Newegg sent out emails to NY customers a couple of days ago to let them know that effective Friday, January 18th, in order to comply with applicable New York law, they will begin collecting sales tax on most orders/sales to New York state residents.
Here’s the text of the email:
We want to let you know that effective this Friday, January 18th, in order to comply with applicable New York law, we will begin collecting sales tax on most orders/sales to New York state residents.
We would like to lessen the impact of this bite out of your tech budget, and have created two unique promo code offers for you. Both promo codes can only be used on the account associated with the email below. The first promo code, SWXNY19, is good for 10% off your order, with a maximum discount of $50. The second promo code, PREMNY, can be used to sign up for 3 months of our exclusive Newegg Premier service, free of charge.
A Newegg Premier Membership provides a number of exciting benefits to those who register, including free expedited shipping and returns.
To sign up for your free Newegg Premier Membership, click here to get started, and use promo code PREMNY at sign-up. Once you have signed up, we will automatically credit your membership with 3 months of Premier service!
- Promo codes SWXNY19 and PREMNY are non-transferable
- Offer does not include Pre-Order Items and Gift Cards.
- Cannot be combined with other promo codes except PREMNY mentioned above.
- Up to a maximum discount of $50.00 per order.
- No minimum purchase required.
- Limit one promo code discount per customer account.
- Discount is applied before taxes and shipping are calculated.
- Promo expires at 11:59pm PT on 2/18/2019 or sooner based on fund availability.
The two promotions offset the tax somewhat at the start, but long term this will hurt for many NY residents.