Hilton is offering their best promotion for buying discounted Hilton Honors points. You can get a 100% bonus when you purchase at least 10,000 Hilton Honors Points. These points cost 1 cent each regularly so through this promotion you can grab them for just half a cent each. But, just because there’s a 50% discount, doesn’t automatically make this a good deal. Hilton Honors points are often valued at just 0.4 cents and maybe even less.
- The 100% Bonus with a minimum 10,000 Points purchase campaign is available for purchases made by February 26, 2019, at 11:59pm ET.
- Members may purchase a maximum of 160,000 points per calendar year.
- All purchases are non-refundable.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Points will be posted to the recipients Hilton Honors account within 24 hours of the completed transaction.
Should You Buy Hilton Points?
I’m not a fan of buying points. You will never be able to buy points at a price that’s better than the average valuation. If you need a big chunk of points, new Hilton credit cards will be your best and cheapest option. But buying points could make sense in some instances. If you just need a few thousand points towards a redemption you could transfer Membership Rewards points or go the buying route.
There’s also plenty of properties where you can get a value of over 1 cent each for your Hilton Honors points. While you can get good valuation you would also have to consider if you would be willing to pay prices of over $1,000 a night in cash.
Purchasing Hilton Honors points at half a cent each is as cheap as it gets, but that’s only if you’re looking to purchase points. I would suggest looking at credit cards first. If you do plan to buy Buy Hilton Points with this promotion, try going through a portal as well to earn some cashback and use a card that earn at least 2%.