Costco has a pretty good deal for T-Mobile customers who are in the market for a new Samsung Galaxy S9, 9+ or Note 9. Costco has a $200 discount and T-Mobile is offering up to $360 in rebates for trading in old phones.
Costco $200 Discount
From January 12 to 14, you can get a $200 rebate on the purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+, and Note 9. That’s in addition to the already reduced prices at Costco.
Here’s what the pricing looks like:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 – $750 ($950 – $200)
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ – $600 ($800 – $200)
- Samsung Galaxy S – $480 ($680 – $200)
The promotion is valid with activation on T-Mobile, either with a new line or upgrade. So you can just use your existing line if you’re already a T-Mobile customer.
T-Mobile, up to $360 Rebate for Trade-In
For a limited time, trade-in an eligible device and purchase a new Samsung Galaxy S8, S9, S9+, or Note9 to save up to $360 (via rebate and trade-in credit, depending on trade-in device). See rebate page.
- Purchase a new Samsung Galaxy S8, S9, S9+, or Note9 at Full Retail Price during the promo period.
- Use the new device with any postpaid T-Mobile voice plan.
- Trade in an eligible device in good condition on the same order as your new Samsung device:
Eligible trade-ins for $360
- Apple iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8 series, Note8
- LG V30, V30+, G7
Eligible trade-ins for $250
- Apple iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Note5, GS6 series, GS7 series
- LG G6, V20
Eligible trade-ins for $150
- Apple iPhone 5c, 5, 5s, SE
- Samsung GS4 series, GS5 series, Note4
- LG G4, G5, V10
You’ll receive a bill credit based on the Fair Market Value of your trade-in, then the remainder offer value as a rebate card.
You’ll need to submit a rebate using promo code COSTCO2019SAMSUNG online at T-Mobile Rebates page.
- Trade-in phones must be in good working condition, with No cracks on the screen or the back, and No water damage. You Do Not need to trade in any accessories. The trade-in phone Does Not have to be a T-Mobile phone. It Does Not have to be unlocked.
Trading in newer devices for a $360 rebate might not make sense, but for older phones such as Galaxy S6 you get good value with a $250 rebate. You would end up paying just $230 for a new Galaxy S9 in that scenario.