Beginning January 12, United customers traveling in United Polaris business class, the airline’s international premium cabin travel experience, will now be able to relax and dine before their travels in the new United Polaris lounge at Los Angeles International Airport. The Polaris Lounge, located in Terminal 7 between Gates 73 and 75A, comes as United wraps up its US$573 million renovation of the terminal, which also includes a new United Club lounge with access to the more exclusive The Private Suite.
The new Polaris lounge at LAX features Southern California-style throughout, including works by local, Los Angeles-based artists, Rema Ghuloum, Chris Trueman and Ruth Pastine, and a food and beverage program inspired by the City of Angels.
“Los Angeles is one of United’s most important gateways, particularly to Asia and Australia, and this lounge provides our customers with a best-in-class experience before they board their flights, especially for those customers with late-night departures and early-morning arrivals,” said Janet Lamkin, United’s California President.
United Polaris Lounge at LAX Facts & Highlights
- More than 12,000 square feet
- 140 seats, with a variety of seating areas for productivity, privacy and dining
- 272 power outlets and 120 USB ports
- Luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showerheads and Soho House & Co’s Cowshed Spa products
- Private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
- Customers are invited to enjoy a full restaurant-quality experience in The Dining Room before their flights. With a menu that blends international comfort foods developed by Los Angeles native Chef Tritia Gestuvo, highlights include: almond-crusted fish and chips, chilaquiles, Korean bulgogi arancini, fresh crafted sandwiches on La Brea Bakery® bread, flavorful street tacos and house-made cinnamon churros.
- In a nod to the innovative cocktail culture of Los Angeles, the lounge features signature cocktails inspired by the City of Stars, including the Let’s Rumble, made from Cruso Spiced Rum, fresh lemon, prickly pear puree and house-made simple syrup and the On Sunset, a playful take on the tequila sunrise, made from Casa Noble Tequila, Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal and agave nectar.
Read the full press release and see more pictures here.