First Hawaiian Bank has a promotion that will get you a $300 bonus when you open or upgrade to a Priority Banking Checking Account with $30,000 from another institution.
Open or upgrade to Priority Banking with a minimum opening deposit of $30,000 drawn from another financial institution, by February 28, 2019, to receive a $300 statement credit (or $150 statement credit for $15,000 minimum opening deposit drawn from another financial institution).
The statement credit will be completed the month following the qualifications being met.
- Offer valid for residents of Hawaii, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Limit of one statement credit per offer or account.
- Business and corporate accounts do not qualify for this offer.
- These offers cannot be combined with any other discounts, offers or promotions.
The monthly service charge for Priority Banking is:
- $15 for Priority Level 1 – waived with $6,000 Balance
- $19 for Level 2 – waived with $20,000 Balance
- $22 for Level 3 – waived with $35,000 Balance
Accounts closed or converted out of Priority Banking within 180 days will be assessed a $75 charge.
Looks like there’s no other requirement besides an opening deposit of $30K. You should be able to withdraw the money after that and maybe just leave $6K in the account for Level 1 to avoid the $15 fee. You need to keep the account open for 180 days, otherwise you’re charged a $75 early closing fee. The offer is only available for Hawaii, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
Let me know if you have any information about this bank, or ig you have dealt with them in the past.
- Promo Page
- Account Type: Priority Banking
- Availability: Hawaii, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Expiration Date: February 28, 2019
- Inquiry Type: Unknown
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Other requirements: $30K opening deposit
- Monthly Fee: $15 (can be waived)
- Closing Account Fee: $75 if closed within 180 days