There’s a new Wells Fargo bonus for $200 that doesn’t require direct deposit. The offer is showing up when using non-Wells Fargo debit cards at a Wells Fargo ATM. You also need to go to a branch to open the account. We have seen this offer in the past and it’s now extended till 4/17/2019. (HT: DoC)
Follow these steps, and you could qualify for a $200 bonus:
- Open a new, eligible consumer checking account in a branch or an Everyday Checking account online, with a minimum opening deposit of $25, by April 17th, 2019
- For 3 consecutive months, make a minimum of 10 posted purchases/payments per month, of at least $1 each, with your new Wells Fargo Debit Card.
- 10 posted debit card purchases/payments within first 45 days from account open
- 10 additional posted debit card purchases/payments within the next 30 days
- 10 additional posted debit card purchases/payments within the last 30 days
All consumer checking accounts except Teen Checking are eligible for the $200 bonus when opened in a branch. Everyday Checking is the only eligible account for the offer when opened online.
Offer should be available in all Well Fargo branches, but you need to use a non-Wells Fargo debit card at a Wells Fargo ATM to receive it. That might be YMMV.
You do not qualify for this bonus if you’re a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account has a monthly service fee of $10. The monthly service fee can be avoided with any one of the following each fee period:
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance
- $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits
- 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments from this checking account
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
You also receive a $5 monthly service fee discount off the $10 monthly service fee when the primary account owner is 17 through 24 years of age.
We’ve seen higher bonuses in the past from Wells Fargo. There was another $250 bonus going on right now for example, but it requires a direct deposit.
The requirements are pretty easy. You need to do 10 debit transactions for 3 consecutive months and you can keep the account fee free.
- No Link
- Account Type: Everyday Checking
- Availability: In-branch
- Expiration Date: 4/17/2019
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Other Requirements: 10 debit card in each of first 3 months
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $50
- Monthly Fee: $10 but can be waived
- Closing Account Fee: None