American Express is once again offering a signup bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards points for the Business Platinum card. The bonus is better than the current public offer of 75,000 points, but it’s only available by phone and YMMV.
Offer & Requirements
Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. All this and more, for an Annual Membership fee of $450.
How To get 100K Offer
There’s no link to offer. You need to call in and ask for it. DoC reports that the offer is working again, as people are having success and even being called back, after first being denied. It’s YMMV obviously. Here’s the steps:
- Call 1-800-971-6736
- Choose Option 1, to “apply for a new card”
- You’ll be redirected to a CSR
- Say “I’d like to apply for the American Express platinum business card. A few months ago I received an offer but it has since expired, I’m wondering if it’s possible to still get this bonus. I think it was for 100K MR”. If asked for the code, say you do not remember it. I was offered the 100K right away.
- Call again if you do not get the offer on the first try. Remember to always be polite.
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
With such a hefty $450 annual fee, not waived, the question is always whether the card is worth it. I’d say yes it is. You receive a $200 airline fee credit each calendar year, so I received the credit once in December and again in January which almost offset all of the annual fee. Beyond the first year, it becomes harder to justify the $450 cost though even with the enhancements. If you travel often, then it makes more sense to keep the card long term. You complimentary access to over 1,000+ airport lounges across 120 countries. The card has no foreign transaction fees.
This is a very good offer in my opinion, and probably the best we will see, even though they’ve had bonuses as high as 150K in the past. But make sure that you have the means to spend $10,000 in three months. That’s no easy feat if you don’t have a lot of business related spending. Also be aware that Amex clawed back points from many people who MSed and they’ve only become stricter since then.
If I was targeted and eligible, then I would definitely apply. The card has great value and the 100K bonus makes it a no-brainer. For some people it’s even worth keeping long term, but if you don’t travel the $450 annual fee might not be worth it.
The fee will get even more expensive soon, and the card will have some added benefits, starting next year.
- One year of complimentary Platinum Global Access from WeWork, a network of premium workspaces around the world. With Platinum Global Access, enjoy over 300 workspaces in 75+ cities and 20+ countries, valued at $2,700. You’ll receive more information in February 2019 about the offer and how to enroll.
- Up to $200 in statement credits annually for U.S. purchases with Dell on your Business Platinum Card. You’ll receive more information about how to enroll in the new Shop Dell with Business Platinum benefit in February 2019.
- $100 hotel credit on qualifying charges at hundreds of properties in The Hotel Collection (increased from $75) for new reservations made after January 1, 2019 when you book through Amex Travel.
If you’re not able to get the 100K offer by phone, the current public bonus is 75K after $20K spend. This is a good time to get it, since you could be able to squeeze three $200 Airline Fee Credits out of it while paying the annual fee just once.
Let me know if anyone is successful at getting the 100K offer.