The Chase Starbucks card has an increased bonus of 6,500 points, up from 4,500 that was offered when the card was launched. The card is probably not worth getting for most people, but some hardcore Starbucks fans might be swayed.
Offer & Requirements
- Earn 6,500 Stars after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Bonus can be redeemed for 52 free drinks or rewards. Offer expires 1/15/2019.
The card has a $49 annual fee that is not waived.
There’s no link for this offer. Some customers were targeted through email.
- Earn 250 Bonus Stars the first time you use your Starbucks Rewards™ Visa Card to digitally load your registered Starbucks Card in your App.
- Earn 1 Star for every $1 you digitally load to your registered Starbucks Card in your Starbucks® App with your Starbucks Rewards™ Visa® Card in addition to the 2 Stars per $1 you already get when you pay with your registered Starbucks Card or registered Starbucks Card in the Starbucks® App as a Starbucks Rewards™ Member at a participating Starbucks® store.
- Earn 1 Star for every $4 you spend outside of Starbucks® stores.
- As a Starbucks Rewards™ Gold Member, every 125 Stars earns you a food or drink Reward.
This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
The card also falls under the Chase 5/24 rule.
A terrible product in my opinion, but the signup bonus has been getting better. It falls under the Chase 5/24 rule, so not everyone qualifies. And if you are under 5 cards in the last 24 months, then it would be foolish to use a new card application for the Chase Starbucks Visa. The signup bonus, while better than the public offer, is still maybe worth just $200-$250. You need to pay the annual fee of $49, which cuts into it.
I really don’t see a reason to get this card. You could go for other credit card bonuses and just pay for your coffee.
Is anyone considering getting this card? I don’t go to Starbucks often, so maybe I’m undervaluing it a bit.