About two weeks ago I wrote about the end of the agreement between Synchrony and Stash for the Stash Hotel Rewards Visa Card Program. The announcement was made by Stash Hotels. Now Synchrony has reached out to cardholders, confirming that cards will be closed on 12/11/18. If you have paid an annual fee, you may receive a refund or partial refund based on how many months have passed since you were billed the annual fee.
Here’s what the email says:
Your Stash Hotel Rewards Visa Card will be closed as of 12/11/2018.
At that time, only the Stash Membership Terms will apply to your Stash Membership. Please be assured that any points earned on purchases (minus credits, returns, and adjustments) made with your card will be credited to your Stash Program account.
- You must continue to make payments on your Stash Hotel Rewards Visa Card account so long as you have a balance.
- You will continue to receive statements from Synchrony Bank and you can continue to manage your account and make payments online by visiting our online service site.
- If you have paid an annual fee, you may receive a refund or partial refund based on how many months have passed since you were billed the annual fee. This will be reflected as a credit on your billing statement or by check sent in the mail.
- If you have automatic payments scheduled with any merchants with this card, please provide an alternate payment method before 12/11/2018.
- If you have purchased a debt cancellation product, you will continue to have coverage and be billed for the product as long as your account has a balance, unless you decide to cancel the product. You may make claims for covered events that occur prior to any cancellation date.