Starbucks Amex Offer
Get 10% of your in-store purchase back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card at Starbucks by 12/31/2018. Limit of $5 in total statement credits. Valid in-store at stand-alone Starbucks locations and for app reloads.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Valid in-store at stand-alone Starbucks locations and for app reloads.
- Valid at participating locations in US and US territories only.
- Excludes Starbucks within the following locations: i) retail stores, department stores, supermarkets, malls, outlet malls, ii) hotels, resorts, casinos, convention centers, cruise ships, theme parks, iii) airport terminals, train/bus stations, highway rest-stops, iv) hospitals, military bases, office buildings, and university/college campuses.
- Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes physical gift cards purchased online.
- Excludes Teavana Brand.
- Limit of $ 5 in total statement credits per Card Member.
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online or in app. You will get a statement credit or extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
Offers are added to a specific card, and then you use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. There was also a second round of clawbacks recently. You can however use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues. Some specific offers can also be added to multiple cards, so keep that in mind when adding offers.
For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards.
If you like Starbucks, check your cards and load the offer. It’s probably targeted and there might even be different versions of it, as it was last time around. I saw it on my Blue for Business card.