Citi is getting into the credit card referral game, maybe after seeing the popularity of the new referral system over at American Express. Some people are seeing offers online or receiving emails about referral bonuses. These bonuses are showing up for Citi Double Cahs, ThankYou points cards and American Airlines. Here’s the offers we have seen so far:
- Get $100 when referring a friend to Citi Double Cash. Max 5 referrals over the next 12 months.
- Get 10,000 ThankYou points when referring a friend to Citi ThankYou Premier card. Max 5 referrals over the next 12 months.
- Get 10,000 American Airlines miles when referring a friend to Citi AA Platinum Select card. Max 5 referrals over the next 12 months.
Offers also include a spending requirement for the personal referring, $500 within the next 12 months.
- After you spend $500 in a 12-month period beginning from date of enrollment, you will receive a bonus Cash Back award of $100 for each friend you refer through this Refer-a-friend offer.
- Bonus Cash Back will post to your account within 1-2 billing cycles.
- You are limited to a maximum of 20 referrals and 5 bonus awards per 12 month period beginning from your enrollment date.
It’s good to see Citi offering the option to refer friends to signup for cards and earn a referral bonus. You can earn up to $500, 50K ThnakYou points or 50K American Airlines AAdvantage miles. But it’s still not clear what kind of signup bonus these referrals offer. Or if they offer a signup bonus at all. I don’t have these referral options myself.