Wendy’s Data Breach Settlement
The lawsuit claims that Wendy’s was responsible for the Data Breach. The breaches happened at different times at different locations. Wendy’s denies these claims and says it did not do anything wrong. The restaurants affected by the breach were independently owned by franchisees and were not owned or controlled by Wendy’s itself.
You are included in the Settlement if you reside in the United States and your Personal Information was compromised as a result of the Data Breach.
Specifically excluded from the Settlement Class are:
(i) Wendy’s and its officers and directors; (ii) all Settlement Class Members who timely and validly request exclusion from the Settlement Class; (iii) the Judge or Magistrate Judge to whom the Action is assigned and any member of those Judges’ staffs or immediate family members; and (iv) any other person found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be guilty under criminal law of initiating, causing, aiding or abetting the criminal activity or occurrence of the Data Breach or who pleads nolo contendere to any such charge.
Impacted Wendy’s Locations provides a list of affected Wendy’s franchisee restaurant locations and the time period during which customers at that particular location may have had their Personal Information compromised. If you are not sure whether you are included in the Settlement, you may call 1-844-295-9845 with questions.
How Much Do I Get?
The Settlement will provide cash payments to people who submit valid claims.
There are two types of payments that are available:
- Documented Expenses – If you have documentation establishing that you suffered out-of-pocket losses, unreimbursed charges, or time spent remedying issues relating to the Wendy’s Data Breach, you can make a claim for reimbursement up to $5,000, including up to 5 hours of documented time at $15 per hour.
- Undocumented Expenses – If you do not have documentation, you will still be eligible to self-certify your time spent remedying issues relating to the Wendy’s Data Breach at $15 per hour for up to 2 hours.
Do Not Submit False Claims
Please do not submit fraudulent claims for these settlement rebates. It takes money away from those who deserve a reimbursement, and furthermore it is illegal. You’re usually required to acknowledge something along these lines:
I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that all of the information provided on this Claim Form is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
- File claim here
- Rebate: $5,000 with proof, $30 without proof
- Proof of Purchase Required: No
- Settlement Pool: $3,400,000
- Filing Deadline: 3/21/2019
- Read Settlement Details Here