American Express and Amazon launched the Amazon Business American Express Card today. The card, with no annual fee, features good rewards earning rates and an enhanced checkout experience on Amazon Business and Amazon.com. Card Members can choose to earn rewards or get a payment term to help their cash flow. One interesting fact about the new card is that benefits vary based on whether a customer is an eligible Prime member. That’s the reason that it was first thought that there might be two versions of the card.
Upon sign-up, eligible Prime members will receive a $125 Amazon.com gift card and all other customers will receive a $100 Amazon.com gift card.
- 5% Back or 90-day payment terms for eligible Prime members (including Business Prime) on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
- 3% Back or 60-day payment terms for all other customers on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
- 2% Back on purchases at U.S. restaurants and gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers.
- 1% Back on other eligible purchases.
- Access to line-item details on purchases made on Amazon Business (U.S.) such as cost per item and quantity, giving more visibility into and trackability of business purchases.
- For a limited time, select Amazon Business American Express Card Members can receive a complimentary year of the Business Prime Essentials plan – a $179 value from Amazon – when they sign-up for a free trial and add a workmate to their Amazon Business account within 30 days of card approval.
Amex Amazon Business Card doesn’t have an annual fee.
Applying for the Card
The card is already live for applications.
Direct link to Application Page
This is a solid offering from Amex and Amazon, especially if you’re a Prime or Business Prime member. For every purchase, you can choose between 5% Back or 90-day interest-free financing purchases at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market. You’ll see the option at checkout. That should come in handy for businesses that sometimes would prefer cash flow over cash back. The signup bonus is low, only $125 for Prime members and $100 for those without a membership.