The Amex SimplyCash Plus Business Card has a $500 sign up offer. The public link is no longer offering a bonus, but referral links still have the $500 offer that was publicly available earlier this year. The spending requirement is pretty high, but this is a card worth having.
Offer & Requirements
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership
- Plus, earn an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first year of Card Membership
There’s no expiration date on the application.
This card is similar to the Chase Ink cards but it doesn’t have an annual fee. Besides 5% cash back at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services it also comes with 3% cash back on the category of your choice from a list of eight. All other purchases earn 1%. 5% and 3% apply only to the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year, then 1% applies thereafter. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
- 5% cash back at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone servicespurchased directly from U.S. service providers
- 3% cash back on one of the following categories
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased directly from hotels
- Car rentals purchased from select car rental companies
- Gas stations
- Purchases for advertising in select media
- Purchases for shipping
- Computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 1% cash back on other purchases
It is a charge card and a credit card in one. It allows you to buy above your credit limit and get cash back on those purchases too – with no overlimit fees. The amount above your credit limit is due in full each month as part of your minimum payment due. The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record etc.
As you can see the card is very similar to the Amex SimplyCash Business Card, but with double the limit on bonus categories. It is meant to be a competitor to the Chase Ink Plus card, but I think most people would value UR much more than 1 cent a piece.
Amex SimplyCash Plus Business Card doesn not have an annual fee.
Applying for the Card
Application Link (my referral)
You can also use self referrals.
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
This is not one of the best credit card offers we have seen, but it’s a great card to have in your wallet. The bonus works out to 5% for the first $5K spend and then 2.5% for the next $10K.
The Amex SimplyCash Plus Business Card earns 5% at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services and it comes with no annual fee. With all Amex cards you get Amex Offers which are a valuable perk. The spending requirement is high but you have a full year to complete it and then it’s a good card to have long term.