There’s a new Southwest Summer Sale with fares as low as $49 one-way. Book from October 16 through October 25, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- Continental U.S. travel valid October 30, 2018, through March 6, 2019.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 20-21, November 24-26, December 21-23, December 26-27, December 29-30, 2018; January 1-2, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid November 6 through December 6, 2018, and January 14 through February 28, 2019.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- Purchase from from October 16 through October 25, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city
- 14-day advance purchase required for Continental U.S. and 21-day advance purchase required for San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that’s not guaranteed.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
- Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards® tier status.
These are good deals from Southwest. It’s definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Use a Southwest credit card or Amex Platinum (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare). You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.