There’s a new Amex Offer that can save you a bit on Amex Gift Card purchases. We’ve seen these offers in the past and they usually make sense when stacked with free shipping and no-fee codes.
Gift Card Amex Offer
Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ in one or more transactions online at americanexpress.com/gift by 12/31/2018.
- Expires 12/31/2018
- Not valid for in-store purchases.
- Excludes purchases made at third party websites.
- Excludes Logo Gift Cards and Gift Cheques. Excludes Prepaid Reloadable Cards.
- Not valid on orders over $100,000.
- Offer not valid for any purchases made by using American Express Membership Rewards® points.
How To Maximize
The offer itself knocks $10 off a gift card purchase, but these Amex Gift cards come with a $6.95 activation fee and also e $8.95 shipping fee, if you don’t have a premium shipping plan with Amex. That means that you would still end up paying extra for that $200 gift card. To offset these expenses, you can use promo codes. Here’s some active codes:
- PHONE501 $3.95 off activation fee
Let me know of any other promo codes, hopefully one for free shipping.
Amex Gift cards probably have to be used up for regular spend. They can’t be drained via the same avenues as Visa and Mastercard gift cards. Not the best deal, but you could get some savings if you get free shipping.