A new Amex Offer can earn you 20,000 Membership rewards points when you spend $1K on Air Canada flights.
Air Canada Amex Offer
Get 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000+ in one or more eligible transactions online at aircanada.com by 12/15/2018. Purchase must be in U.S. dollars.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer valid for purchases made directly with Air Canada® through the U.S. website edition (aircanada.com/us/en), U.S. Phone Reservations, and Air Canada mobile+ app.
- All purchases must be charged in USD to qualify.
- Excludes gift cards, group bookings, hotels, car rentals, and Air Canada Vacations packages.
- Not valid for purchases through Air Canada Cargo, Air Canada Jetz, partner sites, agents, affiliates and third parties that link to/from aircanada.com.
- Limit of 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card Member
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. Offers can be found in your account online or Amex app. You will usually get a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
You need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. You can however use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues.
For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards.
You need to spend a total of $1,000 to get the 20K points bonus. But this can be done in one or more transactions. If you have it on your Amex Platinum card you will also earn 5X when booking direct, so you’ll get a total of 25,000 points.