United Missouri Bank has an interesting credit card called UMB Simply Rewards that offers a decent signup bonus and good earning rates on some popular categories. It also earn 3X at stores like Target, Walmart, Sam’s Club and more.
Earn 20,000 bonus points when you make $1,500 in purchases with your card within the first 90 days of account opening.
0% APR on all purchases for 12 months, then a variable APR of 13.74% to 19.74% based on your credit worthiness.
Earning & Redeeming Rewards
The UMB Simply Rewards Visa card earns the following rates:
- Earn 3 points on purchases at:
- Gas stations
- Grocery stores
- Fast food locations
- Discount stores
- 99 Cents Only Stores
- Bargain Hunt
- Ben Franklin
- Big Lots
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Burlington Coat Factory
- Dd’s Discounts
- Dollar General
- Dollar Tree
- Family Dollar
- Five Below
- Fred Meyer
- Gabriel Brothers
- Harbor Freight Tools
- King’s Variety Store
- Magic Mart
- National Stores
- National Wholesale Liquidators
- Ocean State Job Lot
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet
- Ross Stores
- Stein Mart
- T.J. Maxx
- Tuesday Morning
- Sam’s Club
- Plus, earn 3X points on all Net Purchases Black Friday weekend and Cyber Monday.
- Earn 1 point on all purchases everywhere else
Rewards can be redeemed for account credits, gift cards, travel, entertainment and more. You need to redeem in $25 increments.
The card has no annual fee.
Applying for the Card
Depending on the bank you apply with, there might be limitations depending on your residence. These cards are called Affinity cards, so check for other banks near you that offer the same product. Here’s some links to banks that offer it, but bonus might not show (HT: DoC):
- VA: https://www.fbvirginia.com/Personal/Bank/Cards/Credit-Cards
- IA: https://bankiowa.com/personal/bankiowa-card-services?scale=false or https://www.firstiowastatebank.com/personal/debit-credit-atm
- WY: https://www.wyocb.com/personal-banking/card-services/
- MA: https://www.milfordfederal.com/visa-platinum-credit-card-2/
- IL: https://www.fnbstaunton.com/Personal-Products/Simply-Rewards-Visa-Credit-Card/
- IN: http://www.ossianstatebank.com/simply-rewards-visa-credit-card
- OK: https://www.anchordbank.com/personal-other-services-anchor-d-bank-credit-card
This is probably the best bonus the card has had. It’s worth $200. On top of that you get a good rate of 3X at popular categories such as Gas Stations, Grocery Stores and Restaurants. The Discount Stores category includes a long list of popular stores such as Target, Sam’s Club, Walmart, BJ’s and many more that are listed above. Then there’s 3X points on all Net Purchases Black Friday weekend and Cyber Monday.
Definitely worth a look, as this card is probably one of the best out there for a wide variety of spending. The bank could be sensitive to many inquiries.
Let me know if you have the card or if you have dealt with this bank in the past.
HT: Jeff on Twitter