First Tech Federal Credit Union has an offer that can earn you up to $1,500 if you increase your total deposit accounts balance by the end of the month. A $200 bonus is probably the best option though.
Now through October 31, grow your savings, checking, or certificate balances and you may be eligible to receive a bonus up to $1,500. The bonus comes in tiers:
- Tier 1 – $200 bonus if you grow total deposit by $25,000-$49,999
- Tier 2 – $300 bonus if you grow total deposit by $50,000-$99,999
- Tier 3 – $500 bonus if you grow total deposit by $100,000-$149,999
- Tier 4 – $1,000 bonus if you grow total deposit by $250,000-$999,999
- Tier 5 – $1,500 bonus if you grow total deposit by $1M+
Here’s how it works:
- Deposit funds from any outside financial institution into any First Tech savings, checking, or certificate account by October 31, 2018.
- Maintain the minimum required total deposit growth for the Promotional Tier you want to participate in for at least 4 months* from the month you were enrolled.
- Enjoy the benefits of First Tech savings
- Offer expires 10.31.18.
- Enrollment is the month the promotional code was added to your profile.
- On 11.01.18, First Tech will determine how much your total deposit relationship grew during the promotional period by taking your total share balances on 07.31.18 and comparing them to your total share balances on 10.31.18. The increase in your total share balances during the promotional period will determine which Promotional Tier you are eligible to participate in.
- Your total share balances must increase by $25,000 or more during the Promotional Period. To receive a Promotional Tier Bonus
- You must maintain the minimum required total deposit growth for the Promotional Tier you were eligible to participate in for at least four months from enrollment.
- Bonus will be added to your Membership Savings account no later than 3.31.19.
- Bonus amount may be considered interest and may be reported on IRS form 1099-INT.
This offer is for existing customers, but could also apply to new customers that open an account and fund it with the required amounts. You need to deposit huge amount in order to get these bonuses and you need to keep those balances there for at least 4 months. The smallest $200 bonus is probably the only one worth doing. You are getting a 2.4% interest on your money. I took a look at their CDs, since they also qualify for this bonus, but their rates are very low compared to what you can get nowadays. With a 6-month CD you will earn 0.45% and even adding the $200 bonus, it would being the total to 2.06%.