Plastiq has a new promotion where you can earn fee-free dollars by paying bills with a Mastercard credit card. You will earn one fee-free dollar for every dollar you spend, which cuts the processing fee in half.
Plastiq Mastercard Promo
Earn fee-free dollars when you pay with Mastercard. From now until October 31, 2018, earn a fee-free dollar for every dollar you spend through Plastiq on a Mastercard.
For a payment to be eligible, make sure that you are:
- Using a Mastercard credit card
- Paying the full Plastiq fee of 2.5%
- Setting up the payment so the processing date is on or before October 31, 2018 ()
All fee-free dollars will be credited to your account on Thursday, November 1, 2018. Please note that this promotion will only apply to payments that you set up starting today.
- Payments must be submitted with a Mastercard on or after October 11, 2018 12:00 a.m. ET and have a processing date between October 11, 2018 12:00 a.m. and October 31, 2018 11:59 p.m. ET.
- All payments must have an effective Plastiq fee of 2.5% and not be refunded to be eligible for this offer.
- Please note that fee-free dollars will be credited to your account on November 1, 2018.
- Cannot be combined with other Plastiq promotions or offers.
- Plastiq reserves the right to update any promotion at any time.
- Please note that this promotion has limited availability. Eligible customers for this promotion have been notified through email.
Sign Up for Plastiq
Plastiq is a service that lets you pay bills with a credit card. You can pay your rent, mortgage or any other bill that you have, either by check or ACH. They charge fees for using a credit card, but sometimes they have promotions like this one, which make it worthwhile. Even paying the full fee of 2.5% makes sense sometimes if you need to complete minimum spending requirements in a hurry.
If you’ve never tried Plastiq you can sign up through my referral and you get $500 in fee-free spending. That means that you can pay any bill up to $500 with a credit card with no fee.
A pretty good promotion that basically cuts the processing fee in half for payments made with a Mastercard credit card. You are paying a 2.5% fee on your first payment, but you can then repeat that same payment for free next month, once the fee-free dollars come through. So you would be paying on average a fee of 1.25% and with a card that earns at least 2% you would come out ahead. Some examples would be the Barclays Arrival Plus card that earn 2.1X or Citi Double Cash that earns 2%.
I received the offer by email, so check your emails as well. It seems to be targeted. Email was titled “Earn FFDs When You Pay With Mastercard”.