Office Depot and OfficeMax have a promotion on Happy Gift Cards. If that sounds familiar, it’s because Safeway, Von’s, Stop&Shop, Giant and other stores also have discounts on these cards. The promotion, which is being advertised in stores, will give you an instant discount of $10 when you purchase $50+ worth of Happy Gift Cards.
Happy Gift Cards
These Happy Gift Cards can only be used at the merchants shown on them. Each brand will usually have 4, 5 or 6 merchants listed. It could be possible to even use them for gift card purchases at these eligible merchants.
- Happy Teen – Barnes & Noble, Sephora, Regal Cinemas, Nike, Dave & Busters, American Eagle, Jamba Juice
- Happy Bride – Bed Bath & Beyond, David’s Bridal, Ulta Beauty, JCPenney, SpaFinder
- Happy Lady – The Cheesecake Factory, Saks Fith Avenue & Off 5th, Panera Bread, Sephora, Spafinder.com, Bed Bath & Beyond, Lord & Taylor
- Happy Beauty – Sephora, SpaFinder, Lord & Taylor, LA Fitness, Sally Beauty
- Happy Student – Dell, Bed Bath & Beyond, Burger King, American Eagle, JCPenney, Aerie
- Happy Dining – The Cheesecake Factory, McCormick & Schmick’s, Red Lobster, Bravo!, Texas de Brazil, Brio
- Happy Bites – Panera Bread, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Peet’s Coffee, Burger King
- Happy Eats – Cracker Barrel, Buffalo Wild Wings, Panera Bread, Dave & Buster
- Happy Kid – Rainforest Cafe, Jamba Juice, buybuyBaby, Regal Cinemas, Gymboreee
- Happy Guy – Home Depot, Buffalo Wild Wings, Burger King, Dell, Lord & Taylor, Auto Zone, McCormick & Schmick’s
One issue with these cards is that the card number and details are exposed in stores, before you even purchase them. I haven’t read of any reports of them being drained, but is something you should be aware of. It’s probably best to avoid huge amount for now.
- Offer valid until 10/13/18
- Limit 1 discounted offer per transaction.
- Discount applied at register.
Maximizing The Offer
If you have a Chase Ink Plus or Chase Ink Cash card, you would earn 5X Rewards points on these purchases on top of the discount. You can also use a Amex SimplyCash Plus Business Card which earns 5% cashback at office supply stores as well. Chase Ink Plus/Cash would be my choices as UR points are more valuable than cash.
A pretty good deal from Office Depot and OfficeMax. It could be worth it if you have a location nearby. It’s a rare opportunity to earn more Ultimate Rewards as many 5X avenues have been drying up.