I just saw a new Amex Offer on my Amex Platinum card, for extra points when using the card at US gas stations. It doesn’t limit you to a specific brand.
Amex Offer for Gas Stations
Get 500 additional Membership Rewards points by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $35+ at US Gas Stations by 12/31/2018. Limit of 1,500 Membership Rewards points.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer valid for purchases at gas station locations in the U.S. An “eligible purchase” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card at U.S. gas station locations by 12/31/2018.
- Offer excludes online purchases and marina fuel or any type of commercial fuel (e.g.- jet fuel) purchases.
- For purposes of this offer, “gas station” means a merchant that is in the primary business of selling gasoline to consumers.
- Gas stations may sell other convenience items, but its primary business must be selling gasoline to consumers.
- The following are NOT considered gas stations: superstores, supermarkets, and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline.
A nice offer for people who drive, but even others as it doesn’t seem to be limited to gas sales only. And you can shop around and get your gas at the cheapest location, since it applies to all US gas stations. Check your cards and let me know on which ones you find it.