Fifth Third Bank has a new bonus that can earn you up to $400 for opening a checking account.
Offer & Requirements
Here’s how it works:
- Get $200 when you open a new Fifth Third checking account and reach a balance of $500 within 45 days; and then maintain a minimum daily balance of $500 for 60 days from the date the balance requirement is reached.
- Get an additional $200 when you meet the requirements listed above and increase your total deposit balances (checking, savings and/or CD) by $15,000 within 45 days of account opening; and then maintain a minimum daily balance of $15,000 for 90 days from the date the balance requirement is reached.
Bonuses will be deposited into the checking account within 10 business days after qualifying activities are met. No minimum deposit is required. Accounts may have monthly fees. Fees may reduce your average daily balance and impact the fulfillment of the minimum daily balance qualifying activity. Bonus may be taxable as interest income and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Consult a tax advisor. Not valid with any other offer. See your banker for details.
Offer is available to residents in the following states; FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV
Offer not available to existing Fifth Third checking customers or to those that closed a Fifth Third checking account in the last 12 months.
Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account-related gift incentive per year.
Free Checking account has no fees.
This is a pretty good bonus if you’re in one of the eligible states. To get the first $200 you need to deposit $500 and keep it in the account for 60 days. If you want to get the second $200, then you need to deposit $15,000 and keep it in the bank for 90 days. However this sum can be across your total deposit balances such as checking, savings and/or CDs. The best option is a CD, where you can also earn 2%. That should be good enough to make it worthwhile going for the second part of the bonus and get the whole $400.
- Promo Page
- Bonus: $400
- Account Type: Free Checking
- Availability: FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV
- Expiration Date: 9/30/18
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Other Requirements: Deposit $15K for 90 days
- Monthly Fee: No
- Closing Account Fee: None. Account must remain open for 90 days