If you have an American Express credit card, then National Car Rental has a promotion for you that could get you quick status and maybe a free one day rental. The offer is for American Express cardmembers who sign up for the first time with National.
- Enroll in National’s Emerald Club® between 9/16/18 – 1/31/19 and automatically advance to Emerald Club Executive status.
- After enrolling, pay for your first rental with any American Express® Card and earn six Emerald Club Credits (enough for a free day rental).
- Offer valid for new members only enrolled via this promotion between 9/16/18-1/31/19.
- Get six Emerald Club Credits you can use toward a future rental day after you enroll in the Emerald Club at nationalcar.com/axec between 9/16/18-1/31/19, rent one time from National and pay with any American Express Card.
- Rental day offer is valid at participating National Car Rental locations in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Latin America, Caribbean, and in Europe, for National Car Rental brand reservations serviced by Enterprise.
- The six Emerald Club Credits you can use for a rental day are applicable toward the base rate but do not include taxes, government charges, surcharges, concession recoupment fees, fuel and other optional items, which are the responsibility of the renter.
- Emerald Club points will be credited 24-72 hours after a paid rental.
- For Executive members, the rental can be used for up to a full-size car.
- The rental day expires 12/31 of the calendar year following the year in which the credits were earned.
- Executive status is valid through 2/28/20.
- This offer is made exclusively to and is only valid for American Express Card Members.
National Car Rental Executive Status
- Reserve a mid-size to get access to the Emerald Aisle and pick any car available
- Guaranteed upgrades: reserve and pay for a mid-size, and drive away in a vehicle in a higher class
- Priority service
- No second-driver fees
You have to be a new member in order to take advantage of this National Amex promotion. I just signed up myself and was instantly given Executive status. There’s no requirements besides being an American Express cardholder.
You can also use your new National Executive status to get matched at other car rental programs.
This promotion could also earn you a free one-day rental after you rent one time from National and pay with any American Express Card. Just keep in mind that American Express credit cards only offer secondary insurance.