Today Amex announced new benefits for the Premier Rewards Gold credit card. There’s a $120 dining credit and 4X earning on restaurants and supermarkets. But was the update released early by mistake?
Changes to Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card
Some people already got email about these new benefits:
- $120 Dining Credit: You get $10 monthly dining credit available at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Shake & Shack. Must enroll first and pay using Premier Rewards Gold card.
- 4X points at US restaurant
- 4X points at US supermarket, up to $25k purchase per calendar year.
- No more 2X points at US gas stations
- Earn 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines.
- Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $100 per calendar year in statement credits for incidental fees
- No foreign transaction fees
Is it A Real Revamp?
The credit card page hasn’t been updated yet to show the new benefits. It might show for some people who have the card and are logged in. I reached out to Amex earlier for comment and just now they answered:
Thank you for reaching out. We do not have any updates to this Card to share.
Not sure what that means for now. It could be that the enhancements were released early by mistake. Or maybe just a targeted to a few people? I don’t have the card myself. Is there any card holders who do not see the increased earning rates in their accounts? It should show under the Card Benefits section.
The new benefit makes this card a no-brainer for most people. It comes with a $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $195. Just the $100 Airline Credit and $120 Dining Credit already offset the annual fee completely. But you also get one of the best earning rates of 4X points at restaurants and supermarkets. Currently the highest offer is through incognito with a bonus of 50,000 Membership Rewards points when spending $2,000 within three months.