City National Bank is offering a new bonus for their amazing Crystal Visa Infinite Card. This time around the bonus has been increased to 75K and you still need to pay the annual fee. But the card still comes with lots of benefits that definitely make it a great value.
Offer & Requirements
- Earn 50,000 City National Rewards Bonus Points when you spend $5,000 or more within the first 90 days after account opening.
- Open your account between September 17, 2018, and December 17, 2018, and earn 25,000 additional Bonus Points, for a total of 75,000 Points, when you spend $5,000 or more within the first 90 days after account opening.
$400 annual fee is not waived.
There’s great perks that come with the card and it’s definitely worth applying since you can get much more than the sign up bonus which is great in itself. Here’s a list:
- $250 Airline Incidental Fees Statement Credit per Calendar Year (For primary and 3 AUs)
- Priority Pass Select – Airport Lounge Access For 2 People plus guests
- Global Entry Application Fee Statement Credit
- $100 Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit
- Visa Infinite Hotel Privileges (Relais & Chateaux )
- Visa Infinite Car Rental Privileges
- Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Crystal Card Concierge
- $400 Annual Fee (waived first year)
They recently added some more benefits and the card now also has a metal design. Here’s the extras that you’ll get:
- Up to $550 Airline Lounge Club Membership fee statement credit when you spend $50,000 or more annually
- 15% savings plus a one-time $30 credit when you book a GroundLink chauffeured black car service with Crystal Visa Infinite Card
- Troon Rewards. Save on golf tee times, merchandise, and golf instructions
- Troon Prive. Use your Crystal Visa Infinite Card to access high-end, private golf clubs around the country
The $250 Airline Incidental Fees Statement Credit is per calendar year per card. You can add up to three authorized users for free per cardmember account and each one of them gets the Incidental Fees Statement Credit. That means you can get up to $1,000 back annually. Few recent data points from FT show that AA egiftcards and United Gift Registry work to trigger credit.
The card earns
- 3X Points on gasoline, airline, hotel, taxi, rental car, train, bus, restaurant, fast food and takeout food dining purchases and
- 1X Point on all other purchases.
There is no cap on points you can earn and they don’t expire as long as your account is open and in good standing. Points are usually valued at 1 cent each but you could get close to 1.25 cents when booking flights.
How to Apply
Applying for the card is the tricky part. There’s no application or offer page and you cannot do it online. These offers are not usually publicized much by CNB, but are instead sent out by bankers themselves.
You need to visit a branch or contact your local City National banker. You’ll likely need to submit income verification such as a W2 or a tax return. CNB is pretty picky, so you’ll need to have good credit and good income to qualify. Branches are located in NY, DE, GA, TN, NV and CA.
This is a great card, now with a metal design, and a very good offer. There was a 100K offer previously, and then a 70K offer but recently it has been just 50K. This new signup bonus already gives you a good bonus, even after paying the annual fee, if you can manage the $10K in spending. Then you get up to $1K in incidental fees per year, Priority Pass for two plus guests and more. If you can get to a branch and you have good income and credit, it’s definitely worth it. Read my review here.