U.S. Bank has a card called the Business Edge Cash Rewards World Elite Mastercard. At first look, it comes with a not so impressive bonus of $200 when spending $1,000 within the first 90 days. But if you look deeper, the bonus could go as high as $2,200.
U.S. Bank Business Edge Cash Rewards World Elite Mastercard
Here’s the signup bonus on the card:
- Earn Cash Back after you spend $1,000 in eligible net purchases on a single card in the first 90 days.
But the real deal is in the details:
- Each card meeting the spend requirements will earn cash back. Spend on multiple cards may not be combined to meet the requirement.
That means that each employee card that you add will earn that same bonus. You can’t combine spending for multiple cards to earn the bonus, but each card will get a $200 bonus if it completes the $1,000 spending requirement. And there’s no fee to add employee cards. You can add as many as 10 employee cards during the application, which means that you can have a total of 11 cards. With each card getting the $200 bonus, that gives you a total of $2,200 if you have that many people that you can add as employees to your account.
- 3% Cash Back (3.75% with bonus) on eligible cellular, gas and office supply store net purchases.
- 1% Cash Back (1.25% with bonus) on all other eligible net purchases.
- 25% Annual Bonus based on your prior year’s Cash Rewards, up to $250
- No Expiration on cash back or limits on the total rewards you can earn.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for the first nine billing cycles
No annual fee and free employee cards.
Applying for the Card
US Bank does NOT report business credit cards to personal credit bureaus, so that should help those trying to stay under 5/24.
This is an amazing opportunity if you have enough people that you can add as employees to your business. You and each employee has to complete $1,000 spending separately in order to get the $200 bonus. I’m not sure what US Bank requires for additional employees, but if you have any experience with US Bank business cards let me know in the comments.