If you’ve been thinking of getting the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card, then this could be a good opportunity. There’s an increased bonus available through targeted offers, and it also bypasses the Chase 5/24 rule.
Chase Sapphire Preferred 65K Bonus
Earn up to 65,000 Bonus Points
- 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Plus earn 5,000 Bonus Points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
$95 annual fee is waived the first year.
- Earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Up to 10 points per dollar at nearly 300 top online retailers when you access those websites through the Ultimate Rewards Mall portal.
Applying for the Card
You need to be targeted for this offer. Log into your online account and check “Your offers’ in the account menu, to see if you are targeted. These offers bypass 5/24, so definitely take a look at your account.
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months (instead of 48 months).
This is a very good bonus for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. You need to be targeted in order to apply, but if you’re eligible, it could be a good opportunity.